WEBINAR: Beginners Guide to Data Protection Compliance (GDPR)
March 21 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm£125.00
Whether you’re just starting out on your data protection compliance journey, looking for some general guidance or because you’re the person responsible for data protection within your organisation, it’s always good to get a general overview of data protection compliance and how to apply it practically to your business.
Of course, the biggest data protection compliance challenge of the past year has been GDPR, it’s changes to the consent rules, increased fines, the introduction of DPOs, DPIAs and changes and updates to individuals’ rights, principles and lawful basis for processing.
Over this 3 hour workshop we’ll cover:
- Introduction to the basics of data protection (definitions, principles overview, lawful basis overview, etc.)
- Data protection principles in detail (focus on retention, security, accountability)
- Lawful basis for processing in detail (focus on consent, legitimate interests)
- Individuals’ rights (focus on rights to be informed, access, erasure, portability)
- Third-party due diligence (the controller-processor relationship)
- Dealing with data breaches
- Data protection and marketing
- What compliance looks like
The workshop will be packed with practical guidance, advice, tools, and tips.